top of page
Thank you for being a part of
The NYC Video Podcast
Please follow the steps below to register as a guest on the show
Self Portrait Instructions
Watch this to understand how to take a good selfie
We want our guests to look their best when they appear on the thumbnail of our NYC Video Podcast. For guests that don’t have a professional headshot/portrait to share with us, here are some instructions on how to take a high-quality self portrait-
1. Hold the phone up to a window during the day. Wait until the sunlight is not hitting your window directly- indirect sunlight is the best light!
2. Stand 1-3’ away from the window, facing outside.
3. Raise the camera lens to eye-level (or slightly higher). You can remove eye-glasses to avoid unwanted glare/reflections
4. While taking the photo, look at the lens and not at your image on the screen.
5. Make sure to leave ample negative space around your head. This will give us options when placing our copy onto the episode icon
Once we receive your portrait, we will brand it for the podcast similar to the below image:
bottom of page